Matters Handled Include:
- Felony charges from theft to capital murder
- Motions to revoke probation
- DUI (Driving Under The Influence)
- Juvenile court proceedings
- Post conviction relief
517 West Ormsby Avenue
Louisville, KY 40203
Background and Experience
Schroering graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 1988. He worked as a felony prosecutor in the Commonwealth Attorney's Office prosecuting cases for drugs, robbery, burglary, assault, rape and capital murder. He was voted Jefferson County Prosecutor of the Year in 1991. He worked as a special prosecutor with the Attorney General's office for over a year, handling charges of murder, fraud and political corruption. In 1996 Schroering went into private practice and has represented criminal defendants charged with theft, drugs, arson, murder, rape, robbery and burglary. He won the Frank Haddad Young Lawyer Award in 1997. He has taught Trial Practice as Adjunct Professor at University of Louisville College of Law for 10 years.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- 1991: Jefferson County Prosecutor of the Year
- 1997: Recipient of Frank Haddad Young Lawyer Award
- 1995-2008: Presented multiple continuing legal education seminars in areas of trial strategy, ethics, persistent felony offenders and jury selection.
- 2000-Present: Adjunct Professor, Trial Practice, University of Louisville College of Law.
- 2013: Voted to Louisville's Top Criminal Defense Attorneys list by peers, March 2012, Louisville Magazine